Sunday, February 11, 2007

Playing With Fire

I'm a pretty elemental person. Ever since I discovered the classic four-element system I've thought it made perfect sense. I "get" the elements on an instinctive level. Always have. I know how each "feels" and how much of each I contain within myself. I am all earth and water, less air and very little fire in general. Kind of funny considering I'm a fire sign. I DO have some fire in me. I have a temper but in all honesty if I get really angry I'm a lot more likely to cry from the frustration than throw a tantrum. All that water has to come out somewhere.

I lack passion. I lack that internal store of energy that's necessary to take an idea and manifest it out into the world. While I've known this and felt this and seen it manifest itself in various ways throughout my life, I've never done anything about it. Know why? No fire.

So, I've decided to reach down deep to the sputtering embers I hope are still there and spend a week doing a little elemental work with fire - see if I can stoke this baby up into something respectable. See if I can flic my Bic, so to speak.

I intend to meditate upon a flame each night and spend at least part of each day outside honoring the Sun. Try to incorporate fire into everything I do. Make some things happen instead of just thinking and feeling about them. Set fire to everything and see what stays lit.

No comments: